Friday, January 8, 2010

And we're off in 2010

Bama captures 2010 National Title
To think if Colt McCoy had held on to the ball for another second in the Big 12 title game, he wouldn’t have been hurt in last night’s loss to Alabama. But if that would have happened and the University of Cincinnati was in Pasadena, I can guarantee you that whoever was coaching the Bearcats would have had a much easier time controlling the offense with Zach Collaros—the Bearcat backup—than Texas’s offensive minds did with freshman Garrett Gilbert.

The one thing that has separated Cincinnati from other schools the past two seasons was Brian Kelly’s unbelievable ability to replace one quarterback with his second option, or as he dubbed it, the “Next Man In”.

I’m not here to debate whether or not the Crimson Tide would have had a tougher time stopping the Longhorns if McCoy had been playing, but I am here to tell you that if we were in that situation, we would have looked a lot better offensively.

Although I could argue against myself (and why not, I’ve got no one to argue with right now but myself) saying that against the superior speed and power of an SEC defense, like Alabama, we wouldn’t have been able to move the ball anyway. Remember the Sugar Bowl from seven days ago? That game pretty much exposed the weakness of the UC offense against an upper echelon program like Alabama.

Just giving you something to think about sports fans.

One week down
The winter quarter has begun at the University of Cincinnati, and there’s no better way to ring in the winter than by having gratuitous amounts of snow falling around campus and bitter cold air whipping around every building. I’m hoping some of my school work can be posted here for all of you to see.

Until later, I’m out. Enjoy your day, with or without the snow and cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts