Thursday, June 3, 2010

Another "Golden Girl" dies

Yes, occasionally I don’t watch NASCAR races or football games, and in fact, when I have some leisure time I enjoy watching re-runs of the old show, “The Golden Girls.” Well, today fans of the show got some more bad news.

Rue McClanahan, who played Blanche Devereaux, in the show, passed away from a brain hemorrhage in New York City. Last year Bea Arthur passed away. Now the only surviving “Golden Girl” is Betty White, now a pop culture icon, who is 88.

“Golden Girls” is just a fantastic show, and while I’m not going to be a movie or TV critic any time soon, I’d love to share my thoughts on the show. And of course my favorite quote about the show from an outsider.

“You know what,” Joe Tresey, who was at the time the defensive coordinator for the UC Bearcats, said, “That show is what is wrong with our society today. People won’t even take care of their own families now.”

It was more than just that which made the “Golden Girls” such a fun and funny show. It’s just too bad we’re missing out on another “Golden Girl” now. Especially one as funny as Rue McClanahan was on the show.

Tomorrow I’ll be traveling to Columbus, Ohio to watch Elder and Moeller play baseball in the state semi finals. Reports and highlights will be on FOX19 tomorrow night. Check it out. And this will be the second time this week the two schools have met up. Elder is 1-0 and took the state volleyball trophy home. We’ll see who makes it on the baseball diamond.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts