Saturday, October 10, 2009

USF TV advertisement asks fans to “Protect this house”

USF, an Under Armour sponsored school, has rolled out UA’s “Protect this house” theme in a new commercial, attempting to drum up fan support for this Thursday night’s game against the #8 Cincinnati Bearcats.

The USF program is ranked #23 in the nation and has averaged 39,579 in their two home games this season—against Wofford and Charleston Southern. They want to have at least 60,000 fans in the 65,800 Raymond James Stadium on October 15th. Funny thing is, as big as this game is going to be, it’s not the biggest game played at “The Ray Jay” this year.

Remember the Super Bowl? Well, Raymond James Stadium was packed that night with over 70,774 fans. While I’d hope for an atmosphere like that one, I’ll take 60,000 fans. It makes games that much more interesting. (If you’re in Tampa next week you should check out their ticket deals. I’ve heard they’ve got $10 tickets available—you won’t be disappointed by the football value)

Anyway, in order to get 20,000 more fans to show up to Raymond James, USF launched this TV ad to fire up their fanbase for such a big game. Check out the video here: (http://www.gousfbulls.com//ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=7700&ATCLID=204809695)

Today is “Monday” of the game week. Hope you are getting prepared for the big Thursday night game. I know I’m getting ready for some football.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts