Monday, September 21, 2009

UC Bearcats projected to play in National Title Game


After defeating the Oregon State Beavers 28-18 in Reser Stadium on Saturday afternoon the UC Bearcats took a long flight home. When they woke up on Sunday they found themselves in 14th in the AP Poll and 15th in the USA Today Coaches Poll.

Brian Kelly’s team is the lone Big East team ranked in either poll (Pittsburgh is knocking on the door in both polls though) and they’re one spot behind Ohio State in the AP Poll. That’ll ruffle even more feathers in Columbus than Oregon State head coach Mike Riley’s comments from last week (for more read this: http://adamniemeyer.blogspot.com/2009/09/is-uc-best-football-team-in-ohio-maybe.html)

But you know what would really tick off Ohio State fans? If the UC Bearcats went on to win a national title. I know it seems unlikely but at least one website has projected the Bearcats to be playing for the crystal football in January.

Remember last year when I commented that I’d love to see UC play Florida in a bowl game, just to make my brother root against me (he’s a huge Gators fan)? (Read that post here: http://adamniemeyer.blogspot.com/2008/10/could-this-happen.html)

Well, it seems that one group of prognosticators say that the two programs will meet for the national title at the season’s end. At Scout.com writers post their bowl projections every week. I know we’re only through three weeks, but check this out--http://cfn.scout.com/2/557866.html

Did you read the same thing I did? Well, we can only hope to make it to that game, but for right now we’ll focus on Fresno State—this week’s opponent.

More on the road trip and Reser Stadium a little bit later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts