There was a flyover before the game, just the way flyovers should be done. They were extremely low and right on time
And, while all that is nice, they must re-focus on academics (UC began classes on Wednesday, which explains the tardiness of this post) and on a new opponent, Fresno State. Pat Hill’s Bulldog squad got beat in Fresno last Friday night, a game that most of the UC coaching staff and players watched while lodging at the team hotel on Friday night.
Fresno got into a shootout with Boise State, and indications are that tomorrow’s game could be the same way.
But enough about tomorrow, let’s look back at UC’s 28-18 win in Corvallis. That’s a place where USC and Pete Carroll haven’t won in their past two trips (2008, 2006).
Fresno got into a shootout with Boise State, and indications are that tomorrow’s game could be the same way.
But enough about tomorrow, let’s look back at UC’s 28-18 win in Corvallis. That’s a place where USC and Pete Carroll haven’t won in their past two trips (2008, 2006).
The Oregon State scoreboard/videoboard was just another videoboard in the run of obnoxiously large video screens
Reser Stadium reminds some folks of a European soccer facility. The ‘overhangs’ on the sidelines keep a lot of noise down inside the stadium. And let me tell you, I was quite concerned with the crowd as the game kicked off. It was an intense atmosphere, just the way college football should be played.
I’ll try to get my photos of the Oregon Statehouse up when I can find the time over the next few weeks. On Friday night we stayed in Salem, Oregon, the capital of the state. Our hotel was within walking distance of the statehouse and I walked down with the free time that I had. My impressions to come later.
On to racing at Dover this weekend. I’d prefer to write about another Mark Martin win on Sunday night. We’ll see if that happens on Sunday.
No comments:
Post a Comment